Friday, January 20, 2006

The Saga of Milt and the Bamboo Fly Rod

Rumor has it that Milt is in the market for a new flyrod. From an early morning missive from Milt:
I saw the LLBean is offering a bamboo rod again. Only 30,000 cans. I
beamed that forward to my boss, and he sent this back. I wonder whether
enough care can be made in building this rod and in securing good
Tonkin cane to make spending $400 odd on it a good chance?
Then Milt got the following link from a buddy of his, who wrote: "If you are shopping you might like these. I've not seen one, but they get good reviews and the price compares with a standard rod."
 http://www.split-bamboo.com/index-T3.html
Good to know that Milt Smelt is out there, doing the homework, pounding the . . . er, information superhighway, and keeping us all up to date on Good Old-Fashioned Hook and Bullet Wisdom. Shameless plug.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?